The village was built in the late 16th century, probably by farmers and builders and formed the eastern boundary of the area that was under control of Ali Pasha of Ioannina. It is built on a plateau at an altitude of 1.180m – 1240 m. It is surrounded by beech forests, while above the village…

The local community protested that they did not like the name and after consultations, it was decided to name the village after Agios Athanasios chapel, which is located on a hill south of the village.

Worth to visit